Here is my proposed journey.
- Fly to Orlando from SFO with the dog on June 24. Spend a few days with my parents and apparently my grandma. Leave Charlotte with them.
- Fly to London on June 28, spend the night near Stansted and fly to Marrakesh the next morning. Arrive June 30.
- Spend approximately a week in Morocco. I already have four days booked at a Riad in Marrakesh. I'd like to make my way north via a trip that includes a camel trek into the sahara desert and also includes a foray into the Atlas mountains. Before heading to Tangier to take the ferry, I'd like to spend a night or two in Chefchoen, because it's blue. I may have a friend of a friend join me on part or all of my journey into Morocco.
- By July 9th, I should have made my way to Granada via the straight of Gibraltar to meet up with Julie(my roommate) and her family spending two nights there. We are then going to rent a car(whenever Julie remembers to book it) stop in Cordoba to see the library and the mosque, before arriving at our airbnb in Madrid. She will leave me after three days, and I will carry on to Barcelona, possibly the only city I have no one meeting me up at.
- After Barcelona, I will fly or train(depending on cost/ease) to visit Sydney(a bay area friend I met on birthright 5 years ago) and Thierry in Munich. I will spend four days there going to Regensburg and HOPEFULLY an afternoon in SWITZERLAND!
- This is where I may leave it to chance. I can't decide if I should train my way to England, stopping somewhere in France(preferably Paris, as I haven't been since I was 15), or flying and going back to Bath to see my friend Sam, whom I met in Thailand(Sam, if I don't come to Bath I will be convincing you to meet me in London, FYI). With my last few days in Europe, I will head to Hever Castle, with my friend Jade, who I met in Vietnam to see a joust and otherwise traipse around London, finding my favorite kebab place(in portobello market) and soaking up as much of the British Museum as I can.
- I will then fly back to Orlando July 28, and spend a few more days in Orlando, hopefully making it to Disney and perhaps even Harry Potter land(and seeing some friends) before heading back to the bay area August 5.
So there you have it. Would love tips or suggestions, particularly in Morocco and Spain as I haven't been to either before! Hope you will virtually join me on my journey.

No comments:
Post a Comment