The last of the major details has been figured out!! I had been waiting on Sydney for a while. Part of the reason I was going to Europe this summer, was because Sydney was moving there for the year. However, she lives in Munich which I didn't have a huge interest in(as my focus was in the Iberian Peninsula and Morocco). So we talked about meeting somewhere in between and had settled on the South of France. There have been some new caves recently discovered that had cave art in it. Knowing I'd be totally into it and that her boyfriend would also, but she wouldn't, she saw it as a perfect chance to "get it over with" while still having me there to entertain her. Plus, her boyfriend's family lived right near by.
But then she had an onslaught of visitors and before we know it, a month has passed by and we hadn't made a decision. I was being surprisingly chill about it. I contacted her, and she said that she tried but there were too many moving pieces and instead she was hoping I'd come to Munich. We made an agreement that we would try to do one day trip but otherwise, explore Munich (which is ironic because on my last trip it is the ONE place I was unable to go to)and have some buddy time!!!
I was so excited today that more of my trip was coming together, that I decided to book my plane ticket in the ten minute break I had at school. In my haste, I booked the wrong day and it did not let me review my details before I submitted. Chaos ensued in my head and I could not think straight. Sydney, via gchat reminded me that I could call using skype(the airline was based in Spain). I made the call, they changed the flight without a fee, and I was able to resume my trip as I intended.
INCLUDING a few day trip to Paris!! Flying from Munich direct to London was a few hundred dollars. Flying to Paris was $65 and the train to London was also about the same. So even though it will be longer, I'll get to go to Paris for the first time since high school!!
Getting more and more excited!!
Tuesday, June 2, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment