Wednesday, June 24, 2015

It's always what you don't expect

I had several things vexing me this morning as I awoke at 3 am to try to make my 6am flight.  None of which wound up being an issue. 

My first step was to drop my car off at a company called flight car. I'm intrigued by this business model and was excited to try it out. They have no stock of cars just a warehouse and an iron clad insurance policy. They depend on travelers to drop off their cars to rent and other travelers to rent them out. Anytime my car gets rented out i get 40 cents a mile. If no ome is interested on the 6 weeks im gone, i get free 6 week parking.  However anxiety does ensue when I haven't done something for the first time. Especially when it involves dropping my car off before the sun rises on a street full of warehouses and hoping that they will get me, my luggage and my dog safely to the airport. But it happened. It worked!  We will see how my car looks at the end  supposidly I get a car wash.

Then I had to convince the airline through a letter from my doctor that charlotte should be allowed on the plane. Minus a long line that worked fine.

It wasn't until the security line and an "innocent" hand swab led to a hand alarm, which led to a bag alarm which led to a full body pat down.  The unexpected got me on this super early morning. The worst part is that they wont let you put back on your shoes as they parade you all over the back area. I mean I get it shoes can hold contraband but can't they check that first to preserve some of your humanity. I hate to pull this but im reminded of tellings of the holocaust and concentration camps. Its when they took your shoes and your hair that the dehumaizing process truly began.  Good work sfo. Your viligents on this mission surely kept the skies safe from criminals.

Well all crisis averted so far. Onto Florida to see the parents!!

1 comment:

Liza said...

Did you have to have your doctor say that Charlotte was your therapy dog? I always wonder how people get away with getting to have their dog on the plane with them.