Monday, June 29, 2015

In the spirit of saving money I believe I cost myself more.

I knew I wanted do go back to the U.K. as part of my trip because if nothing else I did not quite finish the British Museum and I love hever castle. Using frequent flier miles it was double the amount of miles to fly into morocco so I decided that I would use london as a home base and then take a flight down to morocco and work my way back up. Genius. I find a flight on Ryanair for $78. Double genius.

But it's not until the next day, which means a night in a hotel room ($50 ish), and it's not out of Heathrow it's out of stansted so I need to get myself there($43 bus and a local bus that the driver let me in for free bc I only had 20 pound notes).  Plus there is the "cost" of the extra day. I left Florida June 28 and I will not be in morocco until June 30. I'm quite sure I could have bought a ticket from Heathrow for less than $200 day of which would have gotten me to morocco without all the extra hassle.

However, this hassle wound up being rather enjoyable. Since I had little sleep on the plane (watching movies and woman in front of me who took away all my leg room and refused to compromise) I lost a night and I am exhausted. So I have a night to gather my strength and can hit morocco tomorrow refreshed!  Also I got to hang out in this adorable town(it has a one stop shop, a post office, The pub and a hair loss clinic as far as I can see) eat a hearty meal of ham and chicken pie and listen to the people of England talk and have a few conversations of my own.

All in all a lovely start to my trip.

1 comment:

Amy J said...

This blog is awesome! I can't wait to hear more of your travels and am so happy that you're able to take this journey!