Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Made it.

I don't know what time it is (my phone refuses to switch over to europe time and I'm too lazy to look it up) and I'm pretty sure it's Tuesday but it could just as easily be monday. I'm quite certain it's not a weekend. I'm also pretty sure I've had 6 hours of combined sleep in 2 or 3 days. And I'm fighting going to sleep now.

Either way I have arrived.  And I mean that in more ways than one. I have arrived in marrakesh. As many of you know I detest talking to people on planes and think it's ridiculous that others do so. Yet I wound up in a 3 hour long conversation with the people next to me. Which is kinda nice as we are here the same number of days and will hopefully meet up. But the ride was fine and minus the exorbitant(I'm assuming I haven't formally been charged yet) cost I paid for an airport taxi I have arrived at my hotel.

And arrive I did!  I have a near palatial room(there are three chandelier type things in my room alone). Very long not so much wide but probably bigger than my room at home. Air con obv. There is a pool and hot tub,  tons of sunning space, nice breakfast included and the staff seem super helpful. Plus I can do a cooking  class and a bath house/massage combo right in my room (well the bath house part happens in the bath house).  Part of me doesn't want to leave the hotel which is always the problem in getting a nice hotel.

So I'm very happy with my decision and surprisingly not very anxious. This is the first trip I've been on where I am not meeting up with someone right away and even on those trips the second I'm alone again I have been filled with dread. But I am not feeling that today! Ready to explore, relax and enjoy being my own company.

No comments: