Tuesday, June 30, 2015

The souk and learning how to relax

I haven't done a ton today. I am allowing this. I slept for a few hours. I know I should not have but I just couldn't function. But I woke up around noon spent a good two hours on the balcony which includes a pool. I so enjoyed spending the time by myself. Quite refreshing. I then took myself for a walk up to the souk and the square.  Apparently I went at the wrong time.  It's currently Ramadan and so all Moroccans are not eating or drinking until nightfall. Even closer to 7 as I was walking back to the hotel the people out on the streets doubled or tripled in number easily. That being said neither were amazingly impressive but I did have a lamb/couscous dinner.  I'll have to go back at night but not tonight. Tonoght I sleep.

The men at hotel are incredibly welcoming and generous. Two of them look like the guy in homeland who showed up near the end of last season. He also plays Watson bf in elementary.

I also booked my 3 day 2 night tour into the sahara desert and atlas mountains for €85 which is nearly comparable to the us dollar. And it will leave me in Fes much closer the ferry boat and granada.

Men on the street have been a bit forward but nothing inappropriate. Sometimes when I ignore them they push further as I walk away "but I'm just trying to be friendly", intending to make me feel bad.

Looking forward to more touring tomorrow and a Harram. Then the next day I think I'll take in a cooking class. And much much more time at the pool!

No comments: