Saturday, May 30, 2015

to blog or not to blog?

So it works out that not only do I have a blog already started, but that it is aptly titled(minus the first bit of my trip), so I thought I might resurrect this blog.

Although, to be honest, I am actually trying to decide if I do want to blog my adventure, as a travel writer, or as to how I'm feeling, or not at all.  Part of blogging, means you are doing it for other people.  I feel that alot of the trips I have gone on have been to prove something to someone.  That someone, never actually is a person, or people, but some spirit, some being, and perhaps in the end, simply me.  I worry that I will feel pressure to blog daily, to show others the wonders that I am fortunate to see.  I worry that it may take away from what I am actually doing.  The last time I did a full on blog of my trip, wifi wasn't really a thing.  I remember feeling pressure to find an internet cafe on the daily.  It tarnished the quality of the trip.  That being said, I have recently skimmed through this blog and plan to fully read through it soon, and to not blog would deny myself that gift many years later.

This trip however, is a first, in many ways.  It is the first time I'm going just to go and not to do something or accomplish something(half of the places I am going to I've been to before).  I am traveling almost the entire trip with someone else(different someone else's).  Also, I'm not traveling budget.  I'm not going super expensive, but in most places I am not opting for the hostels.  Which could mean I actually meet less people.  In addition, I'm not planning as much or going to see things.  Instead I'm going to experience things.  I want to experience things.  Finally, I want to just be.  Not do.  It's something I'm not good at and something I'd like to try.

So, if you are lucky and I am not overwhelmed, I may share my thoughts and experiences of my journey with you.

No comments: