Or is there?
So we(those from the cruise who had yet to leave Athens) chilling out, interneting and at a cafe til mid day. Then we attempted to find an Island to go to, but as it was nearly 4pm by the time we reached the port, we opted for a local beach instead. Underneath a shaded awning, I completely changed into my bathing suit, without a changing room, and bared my body to the shaded sun. First time I have let my back be exposed since "the burn". We then ate at the Plaka, and bidded Nicole squared a fond farewell, and hit the hostel. We finally met our 4th roommate(others were Amy, and aussie Carrie), who was an aussie cop, and had an entertaining conversation.
I bid farewell to Amy and Carrie in the morning, and willed myself to stay in bed til 930am. I went down to eat breakfast, prepared to do absolutely nothing, save getting my nails done. Two boys sat down with me, and upon hearing American accents, I found out they were from Walnut Creek, a suburb of San Fran/Oakland. Within the hour, I am on a train bound for Corinth with them, and then after missing two buses to Ancient Corinth, headed to this other small town that starts with an N, and ate, and just chilled out at a shaded rock beach.
While it was alot of travel and alot of money, it was kinda a perfect end to my trip. I mean, I planned on spendning the day being lonely, as I had been surrounded by 40, then 25, then 15, then 5, then 3 people, in the past two weeks, and then being thrown back to being bymyself, yet within seconds of joining the public world, I have met new travel companions. Granted I dont need someone to travel with, but I had done Athens, several times over and at this point just needed an excuse to get out. While I might be interested in traveling, being adventerous, or leaving the "beaten" path, is not something I do, so it was nice to have someone leading the way.
Overall a perfect end to a perfect trip. Will sleep tonight and then head over to New Jersey tomorrow to meet up with the rents, the bro and Jari!! Will probably write a reflection in a few days, and then put this travel blog to rest, permenantly.
Wednesday, August 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Lacy,
I thoroughly enjoyed your travel blog. What a fabulous trip! I only wish I had the guts at your age to be so adventurous! I hope you have a smooth trip back to the States, say "Hi" to Mom, Dad and Jared for me.
Love,
"Aunt" Marcy
I'm glad you had fun lacy!! man the summer goes by fast!! I feel like you just left yesturday! Have a safe trip back home, hopefully I'll see again soon!
Post a Comment