A few years ago, I decided to go drinking at home with a few friends from highschool. After a few too many screwdrivers, in not alot of time, I decided to get into the back of my friend Amy's car. I decided it would be a great idea to try to sleep until we got to our final destination. Within seconds, I felt queazy, and before I could leave the car, the insides of my stomach were all over the inside of her car. This story is important to understand my past few days.
So we met the group in the Athens hotel. Amy and I immediately deemed that the grouop was not as exciting as the people we had been meeting. With the exception of a few people, this opinion hasnt changed much. In the words of this one guy Christian that I am a fan of, he noticed that the people on this trip are "dryer". They are tourists, not travelers, and on the whole not entirely that interesting. Out of a group of 40 there are a small handful, possibly 6 who are proper travelers, and brought a hiking backpack. At least the hotels are nice, and not having to think about a thing are nice.
So on our first day we headed right to the Acropolis, saw the Parthenon, theatre of Dynosis(sp?) etc. We then headed off to Mycenae, as in Agamemnon, and trojan horse Mycenae, and went to the site of the palace, and the bee hive(tombs). We got tons of pictures, although at this point, its just stones, I'm afraid and that is all we are going to see afterwards, when we go back to look at the pictures.
Finally, we got to the hotel and within 5 minutes we had changed into our suits and were down at the pool-non salt water swimming!!!! We then had a buffet dinner, socialized for a bit and headed to bed.
However, on the bus, about an hour into the trip, Amy and I were just sitting on the bus minding our own businesses, when all of a sudden, this large man comes barreling down the aisle holding his mouth, and next thing I know my left side is COVERED in vomit. Ms. high strung and squeamish, took it in stride. I waited patiently for someone to get me paper towels and wet naps, and was clean in no time. Perhaps I am growing up.
Wednesday, August 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hey Lacy,
Your story reminds me of the time "when I was your age", I was in the city with a friend and wearing a brand new *white* jacket. We went to a "dessert" club and while we waited to come in, a group of drunk girls walked in behind us... fill in the blanks here! Needless to say, that was the first and last time I wore that jacket!
Aunt Marcy
Post a Comment