Monday, August 11, 2008

"I wanna sit in the aisle, because when I start dancing as the advert says I want no one to stand in my way"

So I havent really blogged in the last week or so. Partly that was because we had little access to the internet, but also because there simply wasnt much to blog about. To me this blog is about the adventure of exploring Europe, not the luxury of a hand guided tour of Greece, and cruise of the Greecian Islands. While I did take alot of pretty pictures, and had a good time, I dont have much to say about the trip that is terribly noteworthy. Today however, we were back to being proper travellers.


So we got off the cruise before 8am, and Amy and new addition Carrie(an Aussie), and Christian, headed off to our hostels. Christian split off, and the tree of us were able to check into our room by nine. This is by far the nicest hostel yet with private balcony and A/C!! We planned to meet the group at 1130 for some museum action(not stopped by a ticking clock), and chilled out and uploaded pics until then. We then hit the National Archaelogical museum, after a quick lunch, although everyone was feeling a bit funky. Within an hour, nearly all of us had given up on the museum completely. I still felt like I was on the boat, and have nearly completely lost my voice.


After the museum, those of us who lasted the hour(some gave up even earlier) figured we are in Greece, why not see Mamma Mia!!!!!!!! So we got instructions to the nearest theatre and headed on the Metro. There were seven of us all together, obviously foriegners, and the police officer who gave us the instructions warned us of pick pockets. Unfortunately, that didnt stop two of the seven of us from getting pickpocketed. Once this had occured, they were not in the movie watching mood, and got off the train at the next stop. It simply happened so fast, it was ridiculous. I feel responsible in some way, like it happened on my watch or something. These girls, do not travel very often, and I guess they learned a really hard lesson.

So the rest of us went on to the mall, and it was called The mall. It was beautiful and magnificent. Before we even got there, we passed the Olympic park from 2004. It had everything from clothes stores, fast food and even....RUBY TUESDAYS!!!! We bought our tickets, after finding out that it was English with Greek subtitles, and recieved a champagne flute full of the most delicious orange juice I have ever drank. Sitting down in the theatre(which was comparable to xgates 18, with every luxury except perhaps recliners) and noticed no one else had these glasses of OJ. Either way we enjoyed the movie emmensely, although unlike the title of the blog, Nicole did not actually dance in the aisle(but made up for it by dancing on the metro). We then headed to our old hotel to meet up with the rest of the group for dinner, said goodbye to all those leaving tomorrow and stumbled home.

I am feeling a little funky and was hoping that sleep would make it better. I dont know if its just that I keep thinking I am on the boat or what but I have a constant fog, or curtain in my head. I also am back to my emphasima(spelling?)/900 number operator voice. My body does not seem to be a fan of all that I am subjecting to it.

Must wake up Amy and Carrie now so we can meet up with Nicole (x2).

No comments: