Thursday, April 5, 2018

All the 'hoods

Well not all, really just a few.

We spent the day, in the rain, trying to get an idea for some of the other neighborhoods in Seoul.

We first checked out Gangham, which is not really a place you check out during the day as its kinda a very large financial district. At night, its got the clubs, which David wanted to walk around, but 8pm I had been turning into a pumpkin, so...  We went to go eat somewhere, as our reason d'etre but we couldn't find it. Wound up at a cafe. David got a waffle and I got a bagel that had like icing cream cheese on it. I threw it out immediately. We landed on a halal guys, but I could barely eat it. If we hawdnt done that, it would have been shake shack. Super Seoul food. Once done, we walked around a bit and made our way to this market back near where we were staying. After two false starts, where we paid for the bus but it was either wrong direction or wrong number we were on the correct one. Oberall a bust, but at least we got to see something new!

Then we went to myeongdong, to a very large market, indoor with multiple floors!  Cool to see the different categories(an entire floor devoted to "wedding" for instance which was mostly blankets?) and I was able to get something for my trinket shelf.

We then decided to walk back to insadong, to buy these honey candies. David got a red bean pudding and before we we knew it, we had to head back to the plane.

The airport express was, not. I mean it probably was compared to a local but still took over an hour and was packed for the first four stops. On the plane, someone left their luggage in the terminal, which cost us an extra hour in the plane before flight. So not fun.

But finally lying in bed, back in Beijing, so all is good!