Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Epic day

The day started around 9am as we hit up touslesjours(which really meant dynkin donuts for me). We rarionalkzed that breakfast food isn't all that different from lunch or dinner food, so we were good. Good rationalization.

We then went to the palace. We had tried to go there yesterday but missed the last secret garden tour. SO glad we tried again.  After seeing the forbidden city and lama temple, I thought I was over the iconic asian architecture. Turns out, I was just over crowds. Since it was a tour, if you were either at the front of the heap or waited near the back, you could get pictures wih no people in it, hence so many!!  The gardens were amazing!  Exactly how I pictured it would be, in China, but hey, I still got to see! 

By noon we were done and getting hungry. We opted to eat lunch and come back to tour the palace after. After a little research, we would up at a michelen rated restaurant, which was super good. I had short ribs and David had pork. It included some traditional things like kimchi, but also like a salad. And they both somehow came with noodle soup!  A bit pricier than we have been paying but worth it! 

Back at the palace, I saw the sky for the first time this week!  It's still blue!!  And it was supposed to rain today!! 

After thay, we decided to do something that is very korean, we went to a meercat cafe(OMG a meercat cafe!!!!), in a trendy neighborhood I wanted to check out called Hongdae. In addition to meercats(which they only let you sit with them once for ten minutes) we also got to plan with some wallabys and a racoon. I fed a racoon!!  I did not however get a true selfie with a wallaby no matyer how hard i tried.

We then walked through the neighborhood, and found another restaraunt David looked up, a korean bbq place with hot coals. It served only beef(and a mushroom) for cooking with and normal korean style sides(david struggled with a korean styled crab and convinced himself they are only there for decoration). We continued walking. It was a trendy part of town located between a few universities. Lots of karaoke, restaurants, shops, many on second floor!!

We became in search of desert(and eventually a bathroom) so we looked it up and decided on a creative ice cream place called fell and cole. As I always forget, I don't like creative anything(the description got me.with popcorn flavor, but alas..) especially ice cream. David got rum raisin.  Them we started noticing all this SF stuff about. Turns out the owner, from Seoul, lived in SF for a bit, including on Fell and Cole. He gave us tips for the next day and we were on our way back.

25k steps and after 10pm(finally pushed past the wall, just in time to return..) We arrived back at the hotel.

No comments: