4am came early, but I was much refreshed and ready to do all the things I could not muster the night before to grt resdy for the trip.
Farrah's mom made us dumplings which I was unaware of, but it was nice as I was hungry. I retained that hunger through the taxi ride to the airport, while the dumplings were good, they were not enough. At 645am, my hunger not quelled I bought a sandwich and some cookies and got to read, for a while, it was so nice!
The fliggt was quick. I slept through most of it, except the part we got fed. Although my "chicken with noodle" looked much more like spaghetti bolonaise. We arrived and went through immigration, which included a health questionare. A first for me!! Since I was sick a few weeks ago, I had to mark many of the symptoms. I earned a thermeter check for that on the spot. I must have been good becuase I was whisked on through!
We got to the hotel via the subway. The hitel is in the middle of an old town style area. By the time we got ourself situated and had lunch(dumpling assortment) we were too late to hit up the nearby palace and soent much of the evening walking around the streets. We stumbled upon a cultural center that went over the significance of the hanoks(old korean buildings we are staying in)!
Around 5pm, already fading we hit up a cafe and did more planning out of our trip. I had a strawberry yogurt smoothie, sorta. David had a mochi cookie.
We found a place for dinner in insadong, after David bought some fun items. I had bimibap, David had bulgogi. I even tried drinking coke, but it tasted gross(small victory) and did not seem to keep me up, as its 10pm(9pm Beijing time) and I'm ready to call it a night. We even tried to stretch it out by walking around the immediate area of our hanok guesthiuse, which seems like a super trendy small neighborhood that David called the perpetual date night spot, which included several streets devoted to korean bbq. But nothing worked. I made it until 10pm. Thats got to count for something.

No comments:
Post a Comment