Thursday, December 24, 2015

El Valle sagrado

I reunited with nicole and her friend Jessica last night. Typical, they do something super impressive and possibly lifechanging like going on a four day trek through the Inca trail to machu picchu and I can't stop talking about how I literally did nothing. Still haven't heard a ton about that journey.

We awoke around 7, to nicole telling me "you really should get up."  We had breakfast and were whisked away in a van. The van joined us with a bus of about 20 people and off we went.

Since sleep was a thing all of us hadn't had fully recently we planned on a bus tour of the sacred valley to be calming and peaceful journey. The tour guide had other plans. With her booming voice and her penchant of repeating herself we were in for a real treat. And she began as soon as we all closed our eyes. "Welcome to the sacred valley, welcome to the sacred valley."

It was apparently important to do and remember alot of things, as she stated repeatedly yet very little of the tour was memorable. We think we were underwhelmed because honestly what can top machu picchu!  I recall hearing Inca alot and doing a fair amount of walking including a slow walk incline to a temple of the sun. Oh we saw all the different types of llamas and alpacas. That's what I remember. And u just departed from the bus an hour ago.

It was really nice to be with people and not have to have to put myself out there to socialize. And since we went to lower elevation my head hurt less. The coughing however is another story.

So upon our return I got altitude sickness medicine, heartburn medicine and ibeprofen. All so I can feel normal as we enter the next phase of our journey, the jungle!!!!

No comments: