I have so many feels and most of them aren't good. The problem is I can't decide if I hurt more from the altitude, acid reflux, latent cold, time adjustment (both zones and the fact that I was in the plane for so many hours) or motion sickness. Why do I travel??
Luckily the night before I left I tried to check in and couldn't so I called up united. Next thing I know instead of being on a 7am flight with 4 stop overs I'm on a 9am flight which turns into a 10am flight in an email as I'm sleeping. So I got my sleep. Yay!
I didn't however locate my registration for my car. I assumed it was in my car. You know what they say about assuming. I made a huge ass out of myself at flight car because they told me there was nothing they could do without registration. On principle obviously I won't be using them again. 1.5 hours to go til my flight and I am stuck with a car in south san Francisco. I drive to a few places that are full and finally find a place online which I book(for $13 a night. Between that and my dog it's costing me like $50 a night to not be in oakland). It all works out.
I fly to Houston and then lima. Nothing super eventful except I got economy plus on the lima part and got to watch some good movies/tv. I arrive around midnight and am greeted with a mall food court with dunkin donuts among other things. I beline there as I haven't eaten in a while and have 5 hours to kill. Then I notice a spa and head in.
I ask for a foot massage and a body massage. I try to ask her if there is airconditioning. She does not understand. I tried to tell her I want cold. She hands me a blanket. Luckily I didnt say I was hot because the direct translation of that is not what I would have wanted to say to a massuose with a language barrier. She does the body first in a back room and tells me she is going on break but I should just rest. Next thing I know 3 hours have passed and I got a place to rest overnight. I decline the foot massage and head to the massive check in line.
There is a two hour delay (due to weather, but three other cusco flights leave in the meantime) and I am in cusco. I'm in a fog for many of the aforementioned reasons. The hotel lady gives me oxygen and coco tea. After trying to see if I can catch nicole and having some spaghetti carbonara my world becomes my hotel room. (at around 11am I think) It's now midnight, I've slept most of the day (breaking one of my travel cardinal rules) and still a bit foggy. Tomorrow hopefully I will explore?

1 comment:
I'm so excited for you! I felt pretty foggy at first too, due to altitude and long travel. You'll adjust! Coco tea and caffeine (some of the best coffee I've ever had.... but it's hard to find not espresso). Have a great time in that beautiful city!
-Charlene
Post a Comment