Except the last one. Don't sleep until 8pm. It's only 3. I think I can make it! The last 48 hours have been a mess(I slept many hours yesterday and the day before yet most of them were not at traditional nighttime hours) and I'm half trying to regulate back to a normal sleep schedule and half trying to keep a super early sleep schedule because in two days I need to be ready to leave at 430 to hit up machu piccu.
Oh speaking of that was one of my two earlier goals. Leave the hotel long enough to get a one day tour to machu piccu. I wanted to go the 22nd initially but based on how I feel (50% better then yesterday but 50% worse than normal) I just couldn't fathom really enjoying it without another day of rest. So on the 23rd I'm taking a 2 hour bus, to a 2 hour train to a 30 min bus to a 2 hour tour to about 3 hours on my own and then repeat the transit, in reverse. It's gonna be a lot and I imagine it would be worth it. I believe it's like one of the wonders of something, maybe the ancient world. If not, it should be.
The other goal I had for myself was to take advantage of the jacuzzi. OWNED. And by 1230 I had completed all the goals I had for myself (I think I awoke around 5am). Luckily the tour lady told me to come back in 5 hours to get my tickets so it allowed me to walk back and forth to the main square twice clocking in about 11k steps or 5.3 miles, about double what I normally walk in a typical work day. Also I ate at a restaurant and had typical peruvian food!! On the second try!! (Usually it takes me a bit more pizza and spaghetti to warm up to local food).
My other goal or rather anti goal is to not watch TV to bide the time. There isn't a ton to do in this town and it looks to be on the verge of rain at all times (but has not yet rained today) so outside doesn't seem as glamorous at it normally does. This also doesn't seem to be a backpacker town or at least I haven't found the pockets yet so I don't know how to meet people the way you can in europe or south east Asia or even Mexico. So instead I'm spending time alone and trying my hardest to allow my not yet healthy body to fight f.o.m.o. and allow me the rest it needs(instead of thinking I'm wasting my time when there maybe could possibly be things to do). I mean you'd think I'd be used to it from morocco and Spain.
I have not seen anything super out of the ordinary, except a llama. I wanted to take a picture but it was between two indigineously dressed women and I didn't want to be rude. Otherwise it seems similar to other latin American cities, particularly xela in Guatemala. Lots of gorgeous internal courtyards while the outside of the buildings are hum drum. And the heart of the city is a main square. Pedestrians do not seem to have the right of way on the street or the sidewalk (if you stop apparently you turn to stone because no amount of excuse me encourages moving). Oh and apparently I'm still deathly afraid of moving vehicles coming towards me, another reason not to go outside.
So reading will commence shortly as will continuing to down cup after cup of coca tea.

1 comment:
Have you been to the Museum with the Aztec mummies yet?? I believe it is in Cusco. Be well, my time in Peru was spent partially ill too :)
Post a Comment