You know, when you are on the road long enough you have to "go home", if only for a few hours. Today was that day.
We went out to breakfast/lunch in Oslo. Joe tried a crab sandwich thing and I had my first spaghetti carbonara of the trip! After we did some walking around. It's the first time we really allowed ourselves to shop around.
We then headed to the airport. The airports here have many different policies then ours. First, which Joe loves, we don't have to take off our shoes through security. Second, my favorite, we don't habe to go through those stupid scanners where you raise your hands. Third, we don't need to show any identification, even our passport, at ANY point of the journey. This has upset Joe as we have only received one stamp even though we habe gone to 3 countries.
We then said goodbye and went to our separate planes. But let's stop for a second, and think how incredible it is that I got our outgoing flights onto separate places within 15 minutes of each other.
My plane was about 40 minutes. I took a train and my hotel was right outside it!! I asked the ladies at the hotel a million questions, obviously and settled into my room.
I did take a walk around the area about 2 hours after and got to see the "pedestrian street". Other than some restaurants it seems like most things close around 5 or 7pm. After my walk, I wound up across the street from my hotel at burger king.
Upon my return, I flipped on the tv(for the first time like all summer and for sure on thos trip) and after watching a new girl episode caught the opening credits to conair.
Spaghetti carbonara, burger king and conair. After my little US vacation, I'm back to finish my last week in sweden. Tomorrow, a girl I met last year in Montenegro is taking me on a tour!

No comments:
Post a Comment