
So it's been close to 36 hours and I've been up. It feels like four separate days to me. Leaving NY, the flight, first arriving in London, and the tour.
The hostel was giving a free tour, as it does every day, and I figured I am only here for a few days right now, might as well get the lay of the land. Before I even realize what's going on I am talking to Greg and his girlfriend Dani. They are from Melbourne, Australia(prounced Melbin). He is traveling with her for two months, and then beginning a semester studying abroad in Amsterdamn. She is continuing on and backpacking for another 5 months. People thought I was crazy for leaving for 8 weeks. Imagine 7 months total!
I also spoke to some guys who just graduated from college, that were from California, on the tour. The tour took us around, and basically told us that London has gotten burnt down, and destroyed so many times and keeps getting stronger and stronger.
Since I am paying by the minute, I will restrain from adding pics just yet, although I really just took pictures of buildings.
Interesting things I saw in no particular order: Milenium Bridge, Globe theatre, london bridge, tower of London, tower bridge, st. paul's cathedral and temple church, to name a few.After the tour, I went back with Greg and Dani. We decided it would be more fun to buy food from the supermarket instead of pay for food at a restaurant. Luckily there is one across the street. Even at the supermarket though I wound up spending nearly $10. (Although alot better then my $20 Fish and Chips for lunch).
Greg and Dani and I made plans to meet tomorrow for another tour. It's crazy how quick you meet and befriend people around here. I mean I know I tend to be friendly, but when you travel, you are extra friendly I think. So at the beginning of the day I was cranky, miserable and apprehensive, and by the end of the day, I'm content. Oh, and some of these London boys are VERY cute!!

4 comments:
Lacy,
We're in the kitchen and I read your blog to Mom and Ben. We love your writing! Keep it up! London is a great city and has the best Indian food that I have ever had in my life!
Love,
your FAKE Aunt (lose the quotes already) Marcy
Love from FUM, FUGIZMO, FUGSHAYNA and thanks for the note that you arrived.
ohh lacy you're ALWAYS looking for cute boys!! haha you're like a 13 year old teenage girl! but I'm glad you're having fun so far!
Post a Comment