Jennie, who recently moved to Cheltenham spa from London, has not had much opportunity to explore her own area. She took the day off from work to take me to the Cottswolds, which is the country side. She took me to a town called Witchcombe(spelling??), by...steam train. I've never seen someone more excited to be on a train. She was like a little kid in a candy store!So we arrived in the town, and since this was a provincial old town, decided to call everything ye olde(prounouncing the e as well). We used the ye olde map, to find the ye olde center of town, to eat our lunch by the ye olde river, and then found the ye olde castle. The castle, which neither of us knew much about other then its existence, was actually owned at one point by Katherine
Parr, Henry VIII's last wife after his death, when she chose to marry Thomas Seymour(the brother of Henry's third wife Jane). As you all know, I LOVE everything Henry VIII so I was in heaven. We didn't really get to go into the castle, but was able to see some exhibits and the excuisite(spelling?) gardens. I would show you pics, but I'm still paying by the minute.After the castle, Jennie couldn't be bothered to walk back to the train station(and neither could I), so we grabbed some icecream, and took the bus home. For dinner we had Thai food, which we thought appropriate since that's where we met, and then made it an early night.

No comments:
Post a Comment