"Woke up" then around 8 and showered, and started a wash. After that was done(which I helped along because I couldn't be bothered to awit for it to finish), I hopped on a train bound for Cardiff, the capitol of Wales. I had no intent on going to Wales, but realizing its closeness to Jennie's(1hr15min), and knowing she had to work today I figured why not? There was a castle and a museum, enough things to keep me busy! Plus, I have that railpass, so there is no cost for the train for me.

I arrived at 11, and went immediately to the info center. THey had craeted a walk for tourists, guided by a large pamphlet, that I figured I could take to get myself oriented. By the time I had gotten near the castle though, it had started to rain(it had been merely drizzling before). Thinking the cost for the castle was £3.50, I was shocked to see the ticket price at £8.45. Realizing, I would probably only be here once, I went against my natural inclination and bought a ticket. I went on a guided tour through the castle, whose origins go as far back as the Romans, yet most of the stuff we were seeing was Victorian, got a look at the gardens(which were nothing compared to the ye olde castle yesterday), and was pretty beat. I then followed the Cardiff guided tour along some more till I got to the museum, but the rain, and my lack of sleep, made it hard to enjoy anything after about 45 minutes. So I headed on, to find an internet cafe and here I am.
I am now heading back to Jennie's to meet her boyfriend, and hopefully figure out what we are doing as I head back to London tomorrow to meet up with Sam!
So far, really good! I'm surprised how quickly I am adapting, as it usually takes me a lot longer. If only I had more constant access to the internet, I might feel a little better about being so far away, living as a nomad. Other then that though, I'm having a jolly good time.

2 comments:
of course when i check your blog like every 5 mins you don't write and then i take a 3 day break and try again and i have 3 blogs to catch up on!! haha just kidding, luckily i have some time to spare since i'd rather not be doing work on a friday afternoon. Anyways I'm glad you're enjoying england and your trip so far
Lacy,
I am really enjoying your stories! I didn't know you love everything Henry VIII, I'm going through "The Tudors" withdrawal since the next season starts next year!
I believe Henry VIII is buried at Windsor Castle and Anne Boleyn is buried at the Tower of London. Enjoy your stay in London. It's a fabulous city!
Love,
"Fake Aunt" Marcy
Post a Comment