Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Bad things happen in threes.

I have arrived. I'm in London and I'm cranky.

The flight was fine, but I didn't get any sleep. I watched the movie Penelope, which was strangely very emotional to me. They were also playing fool's gold, but the movie broke. I was very emotional about this as well.

After about two hours on Public Trans(and luckily I had that Britrail or I would have flipped a lid at how expensive a 15 minute train was(nearly $30)), I arrived at my hostel. I got here around 10am, and realized that instead of booking a night for tonight only, I booked a night for last night and tonight, so I got charged for two nights when I only wanted one. It wound up working out though, since I was able to go right to my bed and take a nap for a while(which unfortunately was unsuccessful). Still however, it is an unnecessary cost.

I then attempted to explore the area a little, and wound up spending nearly $20 on Fish and Chips. I figured I might as well throw myself right in. I asked for ketchup, and the waitress grumbled. I figured she was thinking "oh stupid American has to put Ketchup on everything" but then I realized everyone else had it too. Although they do this weird thing where they eat their chips(french fries) with their forks. Crazy.

Now I am awaiting a free walking tour of London that my hostel is giving. I get uncomfortable wandering along without an aim, so I figure getting a general idea first would probably be a good idea.

So the title of the post. They always say bad things happen in threes. One was fool's gold not playing(I know I have a tough life), the second was charging the extra night of the hotel room, yet I don't know what the third one is going to be. I'm already cranky, I don't need something else to be anxious about! So hopefully something else goes wrong, so I can stop worrying and perhaps start enjoying my trip?

1 comment:

BoardroomBandit said...

Lacy I'm so excited to again read about your travels and live vicariously through you for a few months! Before I do so I must share something totaly unrelated: Stephanie Tanner was addicted to meth! Who knew?!

Anyway, I'm about to start reading and I can't wait!