Less then four days to lift off!!!
So I decided it might be a good idea to try to test out the new sim card I just bought with the cell phone I bought in Thailand. It doesn't work. I freak out, obviously. I call the company, and speak
to Tad. Tad has been there with me since the beginning(three days prior), when I tried to find out information and purchase the SIM card. As anyone who knows me well enough knows that the one thing I expect EVERY time I call up a company is quality customer service. He was all about that. So his reward is constant calls from me to troubleshoot.
Now, I bought this phone in Thailand, under the impression that its a quadband. Essentially, all cell phones with the exception of most American phones are not tied to a service, but to a network. As of now there are five different "bands" that this network can access. Different parts of the world access different networks. As I bought the phone I was told that it was a quad band, which means it can work anywhere. However, I spoke fluent English(The only Thai words I had learned as of then were, hello, thank you and not spicey), and the woman who sold it to me only spoke Thai. It was probably the most frustrating experience the whole trip. But I thought I had recieved a quadband phone. I hadn't. I apparently got just two bands, as the rude Nokia customer service person pointed out to me via phone. Luckily, its the two that work in Europe. Unfortunately, it is not the ones that work in South American or Central American countries. I was convinced this phone, and this SIM card would have been an investment into the future. I could use it wherever I go, whenever I go. Apparnetly that is not the case. After three hours calling up anyone who could help though, I at least have a phone that will hypothetically work in Europe. I guess we'll find out on Tuesday.
So essentially, tonight is my last night in Albany, and I'm going out with some friends in Saratoga Springs(the horse race town). Then, I'm heading into the city(New York) tomorrow, and have plans to see about 5 different friends, plus my brother and my mom's best friend, all in 36 hours. We've met me though, I'll get it done. Many of these people I haven't seen since college graduation, so I'm VERY excited!!! There are several more people I would also like to visit in the city, but just don't have the time, and I've seen all of them more recently. Gotta rotate right?
In other news, I unpacked and repacked all my things. I thought it would be fun(esp b/c I just got a brand new phone and nothing to take pictures of), to show everyone all the crap that I put in my bag, and how well I packed it, so I will leave you with that.
t-4days.

No comments:
Post a Comment