Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Bad things happen in 3s

And according to my dad these three things are no free continental breakfast, no gym at the hotel and his email somehow freezed him out. I actually think these all have silver linings so large that the object is just silver. We now have the opportunity to leave earlier, stay out longer and eat local food. I'll make him into a world traveler yet!

But not anytime soon. We left around 11 and took the car. We took the car because our hotel is more then 10km away. We looked for parking for more than half an hour. Before we know it we are 3km away from the baths which we were heading to, and we find a parking spot. However, this spot required using a machine. Which was in hungarian. After pressing all the buttons we gave up and got food right outside the car. We created contingency plans and jumped back into finding a spot. We found one and it took about 15 minutes to walk to the baths.  While for me it started to do the opposite, the hunt of looking for a spot made dad more and more curious about these baths.

The baths were situated in a park similar to the park dad liked in warsaw. The park even had a public trampoline!  The baths were about $15, and includes a plastic bracelet that both acts as your entrance and your key to your locker. The bath building included an open area for several luke warm pools, and then an indoor area that included "thermal" water (which I have yet to determine what it was but it did not feel good) hot tubs (so so many) and then sauna, steam rooms and massage areas.

The outdoor area felt like a very pretty public pool. It was absolutely gorgeous. I jumped right in leaving dad to find a chaise (he didn't want to go in right away).  He found one and while I wanted to lay out I figured he deserved some time to sleep and rest so I explored the indoor pools. By the time I was truly ready to rest I happened to find a chaise, otherwise it would have been the floor with me to allow dad to lounge. I read my book and finished it; was very very good(woman in berlin).  Dad finally got in the mood to go in. He was the ONLY one with a shirt on.

We left around 630, walked around the park a bit seeing another palace on the Isle, an arch de triumph style sculpture with a Parthenon style building next door and headed back.

My shoes (crocs) which were great for the baths were not made for walking and I couldn't walk long enough to find good so we were left with, wait for it, a Chinese buffet.

Steps-10k
Tired-not a thing anymore!!
Food-kebab and Chinese buffet

No comments: