I awoke early to try to beat out the heat. But did not officially leave until after 830 or so. I had to take the bus, which is a fairly treacherous walk, on a curvy one way street with the water on one side and stone buildings on the other. Luckily the cars are going one way, your opposite way, however when a bus is seemingly coming towards you because it hasn't made the turn it brings up recent memories. At least I'd wind up in shallow water and not a garage door.
I have breakfast upon my arrival. I had initially decided that I would just do the museums today and come back tomorrow for a more cultural experience. But after seeing one museum after the other, which were bare at best and tackling one half of the city walls I had had enough of old town and the heat.
Traveling is hard. Especially alone. It's something I both dread and delight in year after year. I love the challenge. I love the freedom. But I'm also alone. So alone. The closest person to me that I know is in Munich. It's scary. It's freeing. And it's something I have needed to do every summer to test myself. I try to break my routine but find myself creating things to do so I don't feel so utterly alone. Because with a plan you are never alone! But today with the heat and the repetitiveness of the sights I came back to the cool of my hotel around 4pm.

No comments:
Post a Comment