The last few days have past without any real incident. And by incident I mean we did nothing we couldn't have done at home.
Like sleep. I slept alot. When I felt sick two days ago and was stuck in prague with our hotel being so far away I didn't feel good. So when I awoke the next day, even though we had visions of doing prague castle, the kgb museum and a boat ride down the river I simply couldn't be asked. So I rose from my bed around 3pm. Dad had done some scouting around to find a place to eat near the hotel. Because we were in some kind of non urban, non suburban, non rural, semi industrial area, there were not exactly a plethora of options. So around 5 we decide to get our steps in and head out to walk to dinner. We walk two different ways and are foiled each way by gates. Finally we get in the building and it's some 1980s casino, which is creepy and we were clearly not welcome. Before we know it, heat, exhaustion and hunger find us at the KFC next to the hotel. What a way to end dad's portion of the trip!
Dad dropped me off at the airport this morning. The airport was a little different that US airports. You don't check in at a counter, your flight destination determines your check in line (jfk international has this). Also, instead of going through security, we did a mini security at the gate. And of course the tsa style guy was super rude. He asked whose water bottle he had in his hand. When I replied mine he leaned it over to me and then like snatched it away claiming it was not permitted. I recoiled from the massive rudeness and abuse of power, to which he repeated, even more sternly that the water was not permitted. As if that justified his rude ass actions. But I suppose that is slightly cultural as well, being sticklers on rules.
After an hour or so delay I am now in Dubrovnik, Croatia! I'm on Lapad, which is near the old city. The old city was actually really small and supremely expensive. The hotel I'm at is actually a set of apartments, and I have a one bedroom to myself. I checked out the little downtown tonight, booked a trip tomorrow to Montenegro and of course ate something ridiculous like 4 cheese lasagne on my first night in croatia. It's so pretty but so hot. It's more reminiscent of Greece or Italy then the other cities/countries we have been too.
And now am basking in the air conditioning!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment