Thursday, July 7, 2016

Bratislava

Late last night my head started hurting. Migraine style. It was bad. I had dad get me a cold compress (wet wash cloth) and I miserably fell asleep. Woke up and did not feel a huge improvement, so we wound up staying til 11am in Budapest.

We got on the road and once we realized there were rest stops we made it a point to stop at one close ish to the half way point. Dad had a bit of hungarian currency left and thought buying gas (we haven't even gotten to less than half a tank because he keeps refilling) with 3/4s of a tank would be a good way to spend it.  We then tried to go to the restaurant but it was expensive and the meals were simply too heavy for breakfast/lunch. So we ate a quick sandwich at the gas station. This was my idea and what a terrible idea it was. Chicken breast with honey mustard. Although I don't know if you could call what we ate chicken. Luckily I had a mini magnum ice cream bar.

We arrived in bratislava around 2pm and by 230 (someone spent way too much time getting "organized", I drew the line at Turing on the room tv) we were wandering around the city center. I made sure to continue to point out the benefits of having a hotel in the city center most of the way. 

We didn't "see" anything in particular; a castle, a gate, a fountain, a church, but it was all lovely. And the weather was perfection.

Steps-12k
Water-2 2/3 liters would far
Food-chicken sandwich at gas station, beef stroganoff

No comments: