Took a day trip to the small, mountainous country of Montenegro today. I had to be out by 8am. A far cry from the 10ish to noon ish time my dad and I would be leaving the hotel.
It was a mini bus tour. The driver may have been funny but reminded me so much of my ex boyfriend, the one who cheated on me that I could not rally.
We stopped at the border and had our passports stamped. Montenegro is the only (I think) former Yugoslavian countries that is both on the Euro and not in the EU. The EU won't allow them to, according to the driver, due to the massive corruption. Also apparently Croatia, Bosnia, Montenegro etc are all former Yugoslavian countries, which I would know if I had ever been taught(or had to teach) past Reconstruction. My aptitude and knowledge of recent past and current events is appalling.
Anyways, we saw the small city of Kotor, in the Bay of Kotor and then went on to the small town of Budva. It's an amazing name. Say it with me, but pretend you have the accent of a former Yugoslavian. Budva. Budva.
Kotor seemed to be protected, I believe a unesco site. But Budva was not and the sprawl kept going and going. It seemed to have more night clubs then restaurants, including one at the top that included an aqua park as part of the club. Craziness.
Both sites were beautiful, absolutely amazing. But HOT AS FUCKING HELL!!! However all of my toil and research and purchases PAID OFF!!! It was 38 degrees which is around 100 in Fahrenheit. And I was hot for sure BUT had no headache, and wasn't sticky or wanting to peel my skin off!! How you ask??? Drinking 3 liters of water daily for over a week, dry fit dress, dry fit knickers for lack of a better word and (Sorry this may be too tmi, but girls need to know how to feel good in heat) period panties, which are lighter, than dry fit underwear and work great all month in the heat!!! I was hot, I was tired but I wasn't hot and bothered.

No comments:
Post a Comment