Thursday, July 18, 2019

Bail-our official honeymoon!!

It's finally here!!  Our official honeymoon!  

Our flight was at 330 but as yogja isn't really a walking city(or at least where we were was not) there wasn't really a thing we could do or see. We did miss going to Malioboro street, but seemed to be a night time thing and we just didnt have the energy the last two nights. So after breakfast buffet in the hotel, we were off to the airport and to chill in the lobby. 

Our flight was uneventful, except of course, I was the only person in my row who had the person in front of them put their seat fully back. If I moved my head more than lile 5 inches, I was hitting their seat.  So not fun. Also, joe wound up across the aisle from me. Flight was an hour. We more than survived.

We had someone wating for us with our name on a paper!  A first for the trip!  The drive took more than the flight time due to Bali traffic (we arrived after 7 but there seems to be dinner traffic-as their aren't a ton of 9-5 jobs here rush hour looks pretty different).

Before we got to the hotel we stopped to get food. When we arrived, I was initially underwhelmed. I think this hotel and this spot and getting here was the excitement fueling me. And no matter how great it was, it wouldn't match up to exactly how I thought it would have been. 

Luckily I snapped out of it pretty quickly, looked around and realized how very lucky and fortunate we were to be in this amazing place!  Private villa, plunge pool, outdoor kitchen and living room, 2 outdoor showers, inside/outside bathroom. Incredible. 

No comments: