We started our day breakfast. Every hotel, when breakfast is included, it's always been different; some have had buffets, some have been private in room. This one however, asks us to report to the restaurant and then choose from a few set menus. This time I got the "american" and joe got some experience thing.
We then were off to find some glasses. We found three places in walking distance from the shuttle drop off point. All closed. There is an island wide ceremony that has been explained like a day of the dead type ritual. It goes on for a few days. These are the days that we are in Ubud. So I am stuck without glasses.
We find ourselves a 20 minute walk away from the monkey fores . I was nervous but went in. I barely spoke. I moved slowly. I didnt take a single picture. I didnt even take phone out of my pocket. Joe, took pictures!
Eventually I started coming out of my shell a little more and even took a few pictures! We also spent some time at holy water temple which gave me some space from the monkeys.
We left, and had some lunch at a regular restaurant. We finished just in time to make the shuttle. We spent the next few hours planning the week, and beyond, tending to some business once we return. We finally made it to the pool as it got cold.
We decided not to go back to town and instead ventured north, on foot. We found a local warung a bit down the road. We sat in a like a floating hut, on the ground overlooking a rice patty. We had to cross water to get there.
We walked back and began filling up the hot tub. It took nearly an hour and included joe adding in boiling water every few minutes or so to keep it staying warm. The jets didn't work all that well. However, in the end we successfully hot tubbed!
Thursday, July 25, 2019
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment