We had agreed, while taking a drink at the water sports center, to go a dolphin tour this morning. We had to be ready at 530. We were so tired from our tour the day before, we didn't even get to tell the hotel what our plans were(which dictate food).
We arrived at the hotel before 6, it was dark and nearly deserted. We were to be matched with the driver's other cousin. He had a boat and us and another couple were able to board as the sun was getting ready to rise. The whole boat ride I was torn between taking sunrise photos and trying to get a picture of a dolphin. Both are pretty elusive in my world and while I'm less likely to see dolphins all that regularly, the sunrise involved much less skill in capturing.
We decided video was a better medium for capturing the beautiful beasts. I was truly present, something I rarely am, out in the ocean on this boat built for 6, admits the dolphins. I expected them to break out into a song, like a moana or disney movie.
It ended at 8 or so and we had just enough time to grab more cash before we met Jon. When we arrived at the hotel, Uma immediately started making us breakfast. We decided to spend the rest of the day chilling at the villa, and before we know it, she is cooking us lunch(Nasi Goreng/fried rice) and making us an appointment for massages. The guests who were supposed to be in the other room they rent out, canceled(but still paid so score for them!) So we had the entire place to ourselves!! We spent the afternoon photo shooting and enjoying the pool. I even got some time to read!! All in all it was a perfect day.
We caught the sunset and then headed down on the shuttle to town. Joe decided to follow the advice of (I can't remember who) and we hit up the Spice Beach club, which was probably much cooler, if you are cool. It was a bit off the main block, the basis of the appeal to Joe.
It was much more expensive than any meal we'd had in Indoensia, (roughly 9 times our average meal) but it was nice to go to a nice place, right on the water. The shuttle driver picked us up and we headed back to our villa.
Wednesday, July 24, 2019
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment