Today was one of 3 promised beach days. Joe wanted to go to the beach on this trip; I'm much more of a pool girl. So we compromised with 3 days. The first, in canguu, where we rented beach chairs. Our second in Lovina, which Joe refused and we wound up at the villa(for our lile favorite day of the trip) and this was the third.
We started at breakfast. It was a buffet. Some western and eastern mixes as most of them are. And it's funny, Joe cannot not eat regular American breakfast food. I think he's tried the local type maybe twice? We then hit up the spa. For some reason our room included a complimentary bag, we are assuming so they could get u into the spa. It worked. We got massages a few hours later!
After the massage, was Joe's beach day. We packed everything up, including the unicorn(it wouldn't be nearly as obnoxious at the beach) and we could barely find the water! It was low tide and there were islands of dead coral reef that were fully submerged a few hours earlier.
I wanted to go shopping. Joe gave up on beach day, after trying a few times and we got ready to go out. Throughout this trip, I had barely bought anything. Joe wanted to get something for his coworkers so we got them frames to put the wedding picture in. And we wanted to get our roommate something nice for holding down the fort. But other than that, we were even struggling to get items for "the shelf". After looking in several shops, who all were pushy, we found one lady who was kind and gave us space. We bought a sculpture for the shelf and a gift for a friend who always thinks of us when he travels! Then on my way out I spotted a hindu god on a wooden board, something I may find in like Marshall's and then feel silly and won't buy because I didnt even go to that area of the world. Well, I'm now here, so I'm buying! We used up the last of our cash not allocated for the airport!
We ate out at a restaurant recommended on some websites. A little off the beaten path. It included a free appetizer(called amuse bouch) and a desert. I veered towards potato gnocchi, he went seafood!
We ended the evening, getting ready to reenter our American lives with the first episode of orange is the new black!
Tuesday, July 30, 2019
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment