Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Daddy, I have failed you.

I've tried and tried to save my money. I've had a couple days where I hardly spent $20. However, the day has come, where in one day I've already spent nearly $70, including my hostel for the night. That doesn't include having to eat dinner or any other evening activities I decide to partake in. This whole day might cost a Benjamin. I don't know where you went wrong Dad.

So I awoke this morning to all this commotion in my room. Assuming that I slept in late, as has been my character lately, I look at my cell phone. It's 730am. How did I get in the room full of crazy morning people?? Since I'm already awake I figure I might as well get up. I head down to Climb Arthur's seat. Arthurs seat is a mountain ish thing formed by a volcano some 3 million years ago when the British Isles were near the equator. It is the highest point in the city and you can see 360 degrees from the Summit. I was told to climb it, and climb it I must. So I found the hardest route to climb, obviously. I stop to take breaks several times, including a nap. Until I finally reached the top, nearly two hours after I left my hostel. I found an easier way down, but it was wayyyyy away from where I started, so it still took just as much time but not the effort. I can't put up pics b/c the internet cafe charges to do so. ridiculous.

I then decide to go to Holyrood Palace, the Queen's home in Scotland. I will be unable to go to Buckingham(its only open to the public in August), so I figure this will be my only time to see a working palace in the British Isles. Out the windows of this palace, Arthur's seat, along with many other natural wonders is seen.

It's nearly 1pm, and I head to eat. Unfortunately, I have no pounds, and by the time I find an ATM, the only thing that s in view is Pizza hut lunch buffet. I mean come on, we know I'm obsessed with it at home, how can I resist here?

Finally I make my way to the national museum, and join a tour of the Roman's in Scotland. I then realize how exhausted I am, and take a break outside before finishing up the museum, trying to understand everything I can about Jacobites and Presbyterians.

The other major attraction of note I have yet to see is the Edinburgh castle, but as I can hardly absorb any more information, I finish the museum and head here. I am leaving tomorrow, but I just simply cannot be bothered to see another tourist attraction any time soon. I am thinking about doing a ghost tour and checking out the burial vaults of the city, but that wont' be for another four hours giving me some time to relax. Also, since it stays light out until nearly 11pm, it won't be that scary...I hope.

No comments: