We only had one full day in the Tuscany region, which I am kinda ok with since I have been here before. It took us nearly the entire day yesterday to arrive, we left Venice around 1pm after some shopping(where I finally bought some Murano glass!)
We ate an expensive dinner last night in castelfiorintino. I chose this small town, because it was central to Florence, Siena, San Giminiano and Pisa, giving Amy plenty of options. She chose Florence. We trained in around 10am, fearing that we would have to be on line to get into the Uffizi for ever. We kinda were. Before that though, we ran into a piazza with the David, and copies of other statues, so we had some fun taking pictures of that. Then, after more then three hours, we got into the Museum, went in for a few hours, then headed to Siena!!
By the time we figured out train stuff though, we had less then two hours in the city before the last train left, which blew. Basically we went down the main road, ate at the hotel I lived at for dinner, and then hung out on the campo.
We are heading to the Amalfi coast tomorrow on a nearly 7 hour train ride. Should be loads of fun. Hopefully though we will find a grotto to play in? As the heat is unbearably horrible.
That nudist colony is starting to look better and better....
Wednesday, July 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment