Monday, July 21, 2008

slightly overdramatic

So I might have sounded pretty bad in the last post. I did in fact make it to the two museums yesterday. The history one was actually pretty good, but by the time I made it to the Jewish one, I was ready to leave town.

I headed off to Cologne, Germany, aboard a train that was beyond full. Poor girl that sat next to me had to hear me sneezing and coughing the entire way. I finally made it to Ankes and I was in a rough state.

I have decided not to do much the next few days. I mean I am just as sick as I was back in April, and I couldnt even think about working, so there is no way I can be traveling. I mean, if I was paying for a hostel every night, it might be different, but if I am staying free, I think I should just lay low. I might have to miss Munich, but its more important for me to be healthy for Italy when my roommate gets here.

The pressure in my head is really bad though. Like I sniffle, and I feel it in my teeth and jaw, and then it continues to reverberate. That cannot be good!

Words of encouragement at this point would be very appreciated!!

Oh and since I am settled at my friends house, I have been able to post some pictures, so check them out!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sorry lacy! i've been wayy behind on your blogs the past couple of weeks, but finally got myself caught up. I'm glad you're enjoying yourself. I get what you're saying about how you feel you need to do all these things. when I was in italy there was a big group of kids my age and they all invited me to go out drinking one night.. i don't really drink anymore and i especially didn't want to when we had to get up early the next day and i was sick to top it off so i turned it down. i felt bad since it was rare that so many people my age were on this trip but i found that i'd have more fun just doing the things that i want to do instead! also-i was sick half the trip in italy and it was awful, just take lots of pain killers and you'll be fine. rest up and it was pass before you know it!! you need that vitamin c drink i told you about when i was in san fran!!! haha take care hun!

FUM said...

Sorry to hear you're so sick my Lacy Lu. I respect your good decision to lay low for a bit, you've really been on the go. Suggestion, maybe you can aleast find an inexpensive bus type tour so at least you'll get the feel of the city. Miss ya. FUM

Ilene really appreciated your e-mail.