Tuesday, July 1, 2008

It's pronounced Buhth

So I'm in Bath. Like I had said earlier, I needed a day to relax. However, it was gorgeous out, so part of me didn't want to waste the day. Well after screwing around on the computer all night and when I woke up in the morning, I was ready to leave the house by about 1:30pm. How's that for not wasting the day?

anyone could have given me, I opted to explore As I was walking to the bus stop, I passed by this creek and started to hear this strong current of water. I followed it until I found a waterfall!! (Will post the pic a little later) I took probably a million pictures of it! Then I headed into town and instead of consulting a touring book, or any listson my own. I bought a few books, found somewhere to get some lunch, shpotseired(spelling?) a little, and then saw this park by a river. It cost a £1 to get into, but included a chair. I went down around 2:30pm, and didn't come up from it until Sam texted.

I had bought the book the Dubliners, and a consice history of the kings and queens of Britian. I've been getting very frustrated at my gap in knowledge of the royals, and wanted a definitive study. I had meant to buy it as a reference book, and wound up reading the ENTIRE book in the few hours I was down in that park. It was great and the park was gorgeous.

Then Sam met me, and took me on a scooter ride of Bath. It was amazing. This is now the third city I've seen on the back of a motorbike, and I can't get enough(although it did turn cold after a while). We weaved in and out of so many streets, going up and down hills, until going to this one called old solsbery hill, an iron age fort, where you could see the layout of the whole city. (apparently Peter Gabriel wrote a song about it). Then we scooted out to Bradford-upon-Avon, got some fish and chips and chilled out by this 1000 year old farm house.

All in all it was a great day, no expectations, just seeing what happens next. It's hard to have that though, when you are planning everything, but luckily it works out when someone else is doing all the planning.

On the agenda for today: Stonehengde and avery, and glastonbury via scooter.

No comments: