Waking up by 9:30am, after getting to bed after 3am was pretty rough. Plus, with a swollen ankle, from dancing the night before, I was unsure if I could move. I hobbled along.
Since I began planning this trip, I found out about Hever, the childhood home of Anne Boleyn. I couldn't wait. Especially since I found out it was in Kent, and I had a friend in Kent, I figured it would be amazing. So unfortunately, it was no where near where Jade lived, so we decided to do it once in London. Today we went. We arrived around 130pm, and didn't leave until it closed. Everything about it was amazing, from the castle, to the gardens, and the lake, to the maze. It was awesome.
While it was the Boleyn home for a while, it fell into disrepair by like the mid 1700s, and wasn't recovered until William Waldorf Astor bought it in the early 1900s. An American(from the Astor family, who owns the Waldorf-Astoria in the City), who grew tired of the US, he decided to buy this property and resotre it to its original tutor glory.
I will post pictures as soon as possible, but long story short it was simply amazing. I must have taken 300 pictures today. Neither Jade or I wanted to leave, but we had to, in order to catch a train. However, "hop along" Lacy was too slow, and we missed it by less then a minute, and wound up sitting at the train station playing cards. We then went to Notting Hill to have the best Kebab EVER(which I had for the first time with Sam two weeks earlier), and then walked around the sights of London before heading back to to Epsom.
Jade is leaving me tomorrow, and I will be heading to Hampton Court, the court of Henry VIII as well as many of the Stuarts. Then, I will be finishing up all my museums in London. Then I will be going to sleep early, as I have to wake up before 3am to catch the plane to Berlin. Little more then a day before the first third of my trip comes to a close.
Saturday, July 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment