Monday, July 28, 2008

Venezia

Dubbed my favorite city in 2003, it has not ceased to disappoint. I aboslutely love Venice, even in the emmense heat of the past few days, I am still in love!

Got here via night train Sunday morning(I find that I have no concept of time here). Slept with a bunch of Koreans who knew absolutely no english and decided to go to sleep at 9pm. Awesome. After figuring exactly where and when Amy would arrive at the bus station, I positioned myself at a nearby cafe. Yet, somehow I of course messed up when she would come in and she wound up finding me after being in the city for almost an hour.

I made her stay up until 8pm yesterday, telling her she'd regret it if she went right to sleep. She begrudgingly went along with me. We checked out the Rialto bridge, and just enjoyed and explored the most beautiful city in the world.

After going to bed before 9pm, I was up at like 7, showered and ready to head to the Piazza San Marco, the pier 39 of Venice. We went in the cathedral, then went to the Guggenhiem where we looked at lots of current or semi current art, obviously lost on me.

I am so excited Amy is here!! Not only I do finally have pictures of myself in the city(I probably have more of me in the past 24 hours then I do combined!!) I am visiting, but I have someone to do stuff with, and to share the experience with!! And tomorrow we get to go to Siena!!!! Yay!!!

Will post pictures when I am not on a computer from the early 1990s.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm so jealous!! Venice is my favorite city in the world too!!! We should both just pack up our lives buy a boat and move there! We can run a cute little cafe together and sell gelato! Have fun!!