So I arrived at about noon, and was amazing at the beauty of this city. Everything is either green, really old or both. I'm kinda a fan. I learned alot about the city from the cutest guy I've ever talked to, who sat down on the bus next to me(his first mistake). I asked him question after question and he answered every question to the best of his ability(his second mistake). That was exciting.
Then I find my hostel and see my favorite sign in the world...FREE TOURS. So the lady tells me that I have like 15 minutes before the tour starts. So I check into my hostel, and go back to the starting point. The tour guide, obviously American introduces herself and says she's from NY, but has been living here nearly a year. She takes us to all the sights and at one point asks us like trivia type questions about Scotland. While I don't know too much about Scotland, I know a ton about
Anyways, so we saw some cool things, none of note, as they are all context driven, with the exception of the school that inspired Hogwarts/the cafe where JK Rowling wrote, and Edinburgh castle.
There were alot of American's on the tour, obnoxious girly overly tanned Americans. Unlike the last tour where I immediately met people I liked and wound up hanging out with them, with the exception of the tour guide that didn't happen. This is the first time I've really been alone, with the exception of the first night in London, which as I said I met people instantly. So I kinda don't know what to do with myself. I know what I want to do tomorrow, but I'm deciding if I want to venture out on my own tonight, or stay in.
I'm getting kinda excited to have the anxiety of being alone, as I avoid it at all costs. I want to feel more comfortable alone, and not just to merely watch TV, but to really do something by myself, without the permission or company of another person. I mean part of this trip is for me to learn about myself and to grow, and this is definately a growing experience, especially since after this, I probably won't have too many other cities where I will be alone in, so I really need to put myself out there, instead of being nervous and shrinking into bed, or whatnot. And if nothing else, its past 7pm, and the sun is so bright, I can't just call it a day!!

No comments:
Post a Comment