A garage door likely saved my life or at least kept it from being irrevocably damaged. A garage door. Many people have been very helpful, abdullah in particular, the hotel guy, but the garage door made the difference I think in this situation.
It had been driving me crazy, a truck pinned me to a wall and I walked away, not without injury but I did walk away. I know statistics, and physics and this should not have happened.
But it did.
The police came a second time today. There seems to be two and I can't figure out what the purpose of the two are. One is dealing directly with the driver. The other seems to be doing the legal route.
The legal one came to have me fill out paperwork. I had to go down to the station. On our way he took a detour to have me confirm the spot that it happened. I recognized it by the ice cream cooler I had bought a minute before the accident. And then I noticed that the wall was dotted with small garage doors and one of them had a fairly significant dent in it. If I were able to examine this dent then a lacy sized whole would likely emerge. A garage door saved me.
It's rather ironic, if I were to think deeply about it; (when you don't know anyone and you feel terrible but can't fall asleep or read with any focus your mind does have some time to think) flexibility saved me. The fact that the door was flexible saved me and left me with only temporary pain and discomfort. The irony comes in the fact that one of my traits I'm not always proud of is my inflexibility in certain situations. Perhaps I may need to rethink and be a bit more flexible. Perhaps this was the message that was sent here.
But flexibility saved me. A garage door saved me.

2 comments:
First of all, I'm so happy you're okay, if a bit banged up. Also, your conclusion is incredible - enjoy your continued travels!
First of all, I'm so happy you're okay, if a bit banged up. Also, your conclusion is incredible - enjoy your continued travels!
Post a Comment