Friday, July 24, 2015

But you'll be first to london

This, the Eurostar woman tried to convince me as I realized I had to go to carriage number 1 and I was standing in front of Carriage number 18.

I left paris after a brief stop at a boulangerie. First by metro and then Eurostar(ahh went under the English channel!!!). Went through customs and immigration before getting on the train. Arrived at st. Pancreas and had to make my way to a little town called red hill about an hour south of London. I took one train, switched and backtracked a few stops(first one was express, second one local) and then the heavens opened up. I attempted to find the bus station to take me the last few miles of the way but spotted the taxi line first. As I could barely see in front of myself I thought the taxi was the safer route.

I arrived at an amazingly beautiful pub hotel.  It dates back to the 1300s and it's perfect. It's raining too much to explore the town but hopefully will tomorrow. My intention to being here is to be closer to hever castle but if I'm dependent on public trans (50/50 chance) it'll be about the same time and could have just stayed in london. But it's beautiful and calm and old people. I stand by my decision.

I had some lamb masala. Finally doing it right by eating food in the place it's created. It was a tough decision between that and the cheeseburger. I think I'll have that tomorrow. Nearly every meal I ate in paris consisted of some combination of at least three of the following foods: bread, ham, cheese and chocolate. My lack of eating earlier in the trip diminished my love handles significantly but the food in paris may cause them to return.

Also, as I arrived in St pancreas I had a sensation. One I hadn't felt in a very long time. And the only thing I could do to limit this sensation was to put on another layer or two. YES. I AM FINALLY COLD!!!!

And after weeks of my phone not being able to reset itself to the local time (in london and morocco it was 4 hours off, then weirdly two hours off, then europe which was two hours ahead of the first two places reset itself so it was again weirdly two hours behind, and manually reseting it did nothing) somehow, randomly my phone is set to local time!!!  No more having to add and subtract when setting my alarm clock!!

Lastly, and I know this is tmi but I haven't worn a bra in over a week. I wish I could blame it on my injuries(the first few days after the accident I actually couldn't put one on but by the time I left for spain it was doable) and I can a little as I have been only able to wear dresses due to my swollen thigh but yea. I'm a slightly injured rebel in a dress.

No comments: