Sunday, July 26, 2015

Every morning I say I will eat a vegetable...

...yet finally I have adopted the food of the country I am eating in. When in Rome right?

Germany was a bit of a break. Had spaghetti carbonara as my first meal but I did it right in france with all of my meals consisting of ham, chocolate, cheese and/or bread. And since I've been in england I've eaten in pubs for every meal!!!  But this also means I haven't had a proper salad in over a month.

I started my day in the rain waiting for a bus, to a train, to an underground to a 10 minute walk. But made it to my hotel and met up with a high school (really a middle school) friend Meredith!!!  She met me at my hotel and we walked to the pub she made reservations at. We both had a traditional sunday roast. However, I augmented mine a bit asking for "anything but peas"(to which mere said "if you don't like peas you are in the wrong country.").  Was great to catch up!!  Crazy how someone you haven't seen in years understands you in a way that no one else could (unless they also grew up where you did that is!)

Then I wandered and meandered my way down to the Thames!!  I love me a river. Especially rivers that bisect the city!  I tired quick and tried to revive myself with a brownie sundae (or that's what I told myself) and took a bus back.

I felt a bit bad that I didn't go out. I finally feel healthy enough (I'm even wearing jeans and a bra!) and am in a country where I speak the language. But I was too tired. Perhaps tomorrow. After the British Museum and jacket potatos of course!!

No comments: