I finally left the hotel room. Matt a friend of my friend liza and I finally met up. He met a friend Dominique on the camino (the Santiago pilgrimage, super bad ass, Google it) and the three of us set off together. We did a hop on hop offbus tour which was nice since I got to sit down but frustrating because we couldn't see much. We saw the water and lots of buildings. We stopped at the Sagrada familia but seeing how long the line was we gave up. I had pizza, Dominique had gespacho and matt had very interesting tapas.
We continued touring until I remembered I had to take my medicine so at the end of tour one we spent some time relaxing in my room. We then did the next loop which went up into the mountains which was my favorite part. I had to use it. Bad. (I drank over 3 liters of water) so I had us get out at a stop that afforded us amazing views of the city. We worked our way back and then had some sushi before we parted ways.
I didn't love barcelona. But I didn't get to party, or go out really which is often a big attraction of this city. Plus I only saw it by bus which is totally not my thing. Also though most of the attractions seemed fairly modern. I didn't get any ancient or old history. Not sure if there wasn't any or just the venue but that's usually my focus (other than culture).
Also my left is still hurting. I got a cream and I have an appointment tomorrow in munich. Both of them, having walked the last 40 or so days weren't super fast either but I still felt like I was holding them back. I don't like it. But they were so gracious and so welcoming and I don't know if I would have gone out had it not been for them.
And tomorrow I fly to Munich where Sydney has multiple itineraries planned based on my possible level of activity!

No comments:
Post a Comment