Not a ton to report. Made it to the British Museum. Spent most of the day there. Then met up jade foe a lovely evening out.
I did go on a pretty epic(spolier alert: only because I kept getting foiled) search for a jacket potato. A jacket potato is a baked potato with stuff in it. My preference is tuna and corn (with cheese and/or sour cream). I had it for the first time in bath and fell in love.
So the night before I researched a good jacket potato place and found one that was good for lunch that was far walking distance of the museum. When I attempted to screen shot the map the next morning however it didn't open til 530pm. Apparently lunch was only on Sunday.
After finding a quick breakfast spot(on the way to the museum) I check in a few places til I see jacket potatos on the menu. I tell them I'll be back. I wrestle in the museum if I should eat especially knowing I'd meet jade at 430. Yet by about 1230 I need a break.
I arrive at the aforementioned place and order a jacket potato with tuna. Except they are out of tuna (HOW CAN YOU BE OUT OF TUNA??) He tries to sell me something else but at this point my heart is set. The next cafe is closed "for the holidays" (the closest holiday I know about is bastille day, 13 days earlier). Finally I find a place that has it (but they call it a baked potato). This place seems health conscious and I am at once conflicted about all the other options. But when in rome...so I order a baked potato with tuna/corn and cheese, pay 50p for the privilege of eating at a table, steal a menu for ideas for the future and enjoy a lovely meal.
My meal with Jade albeit much more expensive and fancy was also very nice, as was getting to catch up with a true brit (that's neither cogney londoner, nor posh downton abbey) and a dear friend from my time in Vietnam.
There spent my last 24 hours of active travel time.

No comments:
Post a Comment