Saturday, July 18, 2015

The Isar river

I've tried in this blog to write about things that are different either to my normal everyday life or different to how I normally travel(particularly after the accident but I was already planning it to be a bit different). Both of which is most easily explained in numbers or money. This is why that has tended to be a focus; to illustrate differences. It is also easily explained in schedules or language which is why I also point out those differences as well. All of this is used simply to illustrate the differences. Many readers have not had been fortunate enough to travel extensively and see these differences first hand and I want you to feel as if you had down to the smallest detail.

That being said nothing I did today was incredibly German or travel worthy so I will not focus on it a ton.

Had an apple donut thing for breakfast which Sydney said was the star of oktoberfest (which happens in september).  We walked to a nearby river called the Isar and chilled for a few hours. Then we met up with her boyfriend and his friend and went to another part of the Isar. First we saw surfers surfing this one part of the river that has a permanent wave.  A bit farther down we went to something called an English garden (although had no flowers so did not feel very English to me).  The intention here is to jump in the very fast moving river and let it take you down a bit and walk your way back. I obviously stayed with the stuff and did some reading and resting.

It started to rain so theirry (sydneys boyfriend) gave us a driving tour of the city and we came back to the house. Had a bagette and cheese aperitif and Sydney made Indian chicken curry. We then played cards against humanity and I came in second!

So a fairly regular but very good day.  Got to do and see things without needing needing a ton of energy or walking. Some interesting notes: I heard a ton of american (or canadian) English speakers around. Way more then I expected. Also Islandic people are funny when they act things out. So are french Canadiens when they try to provide reason for each hand of cards against humanity.

No comments: