Thursday, July 23, 2015

My luggage arrives

I let myself sleep in this morning. I awoke around 10 or 11am to find that nothing has changed. While I received an email about my luggage I have no time window. Super annoying. My airbnb landlord says I should go on with my day and it will work out. But I get worried it won't. And I have to leave tomorrow. And dont want to buy all new things.  And I think I'm also secretly overwhelmed with having the whole day with no plans.  I decide to take my time and hear from him that we have a window. 2-5pm. Alas. Some answers.

This winds up splitting up my day nicely. I decide to stay local and do montmartre. I find a cafe with a great view and have a croque monsieur. I can't believe I forgot this was french. Another ham and cheese dish I love. I lug up a million stairs, take ten seconds in sacre coeur and hit the touristy shopping streets which tend to be my fave. Not the everything emblazoned with paris under €5 ones but the quaint, well run small shops. I fall in love with the style and decide I want to incorporate something french into my closet design.

I take a siesta awaiting my luggage. It shows up around 430. I then go out to the Latin quarter with a few goals; shopping, Luxembourg gardens/Parthenon or reading at a cafe. 2 out of 3 ain't bad. I even got a cute new dress! (It's still all I can wear!!).

I then go meet up with a good friend of aileens.  She and her husband are here visiting his sister. We sit at a canal in the 10th arr. drink and catch up. Then we meet up with his sister and her eclectic mix of friends she's gathered throughout her 8 years here. We had a bunch of plans to move to other places but wound up staying put eating a charcuterie and cheese assortment, pizza and drinking several bottles of wine.

I then worked my way back to the metro (escorted, luckily) and he meets up with some more friends who escort me further(although the last guy awkwardly took although picture of me; with a camera. Who does either of those things?

So now that I have my stuff back I can get ready to pack it up again tomorrow to head to red hill, England. Should be quite a journey

No comments: