Made it to fes. After a long shower, a fill assault on my hair to get it unknotty and checking in on my phone I took to the streets.
I forgot my sunglasses in my room and it was 106 degrees out. So obviously it didn't last that long. Took a walk down the main street, found a place to eat (first/only meal of the day) and found my way back. Heading on a 5 hour bus ride to chefchaoen tomorrow.
I liked fes. What little I saw of it. People were less hostile, and did not really harrange me I wonder though if it's because I found the market and not the tourist areas. When I did go near a few restaurants (it's Ramadan so no Moroccans are eating so they are subsisting on tourists), I got a lot of "hey" "you hoo" etc as I was already walking over, which made me promptly change direction and found one that saw me as more of a human and less as a quick buck. Also the main street, even though narrow, seemed safer and clearer then marrakesh. I didn't get to see the Jewish quarter but at least I got an air conditioned room and some down time befote my next two days of travel to reach spain!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment