I'm addition to building my resilience, this trip and the events(physically ill, hit by a truck, lost luggage just to name a few) are clearly being orchestrated by travel insurance companies. They are mad in all the years I have traveled I haven't bought any and this trip is designed to show me why I need it. And of course on my next trip I will get it and the trip after that and of course they will all pass without incident. At least we now know what the third "bad" thing is and we can stop worrying (oh was I the only one worrying about that?)
Woke up early, downed a 1.5 liter of water and took two metros and a train to get out to Versailles. I've wanted to do versailles ever since I was told it was closed for renevations 15 years ago. I love lush, royal accutrments and I love gardens. Bam.
It was lovely. I finally got back to walking by foot all day which is so freeing. I took a ton of pictures and tried to figure how I can accomplish some design ideas of theirs in my own house. And got even more excited for hever castle on Saturday!
Then I came home to find out I still had no luggage and had to buy underwear, a dress and bathroom supplies. At least now I feel clean!! Sucks I spent all that time buying the right clothes with the right material for the trip. But I don't know rayon in french.
In other news:
The pain in my feet today from normal wear and tear finally surpassed the slight dull pain still in my thigh!
I can't believe travel insurance is a thing and everyone knew about it except me.
I'm absolutely hopeless with food. I'm in arguably one of the top gastronomic cities in the world. Yet when I want to eat I wait for the last possible minute so I'm starving, walk less then 4 blocks and even though something more exotic may work I get so nervous I won't be satisfied that I order something tried and true (spaghetti carbonara last night and a kebab and fries tonight) and continue living in gastronomic ignorance.
And finally this is the first trip that I am really enjoying for me. Most of the time even when I travel alone I am anxious to immediately buddy up. Perhaps for safety but I think more for companionship. There are also a few benefits to a buddy: the most important being you always have someone to take a picture for you. But this trip, I am content to be alone, I am content to stay silent (I know, it's true, I can tell you all about it), I am content to go at my own pace and not give into any social pressures. Minus not having a ton of fun night time plans (still not feeling good enough to venture off into super crowded spaces on my own when I dint speak the language) I'm really enjoying myself.
And tomorrow spending the whole day with little plans or directions. Let's see how I do!

No comments:
Post a Comment