Yesterday the police asked me if I could just stay until tomorrow at 10 am and then I could leave. With how I was feeling that was no problem.
I came down to reception at 10 am. No police. I asked the guy at reception to call Abdullah the guy who was helping me out yesterday. He said he was still sleeping (during Ramadan since they can't eat all day they eat all night and often don't get sleep and he was off work at midnight). We tried calling at 1pm and got the policeman s number. He was planning on coming to the hotel with the driver of the car but not until later.
I settled into my room. At around 3 pm Abdullah in regular clothes knocks on my door and tells me they are here. I struggle in french for a bit with the policeman until Abdullah translates. While I was struggling he was making a list of all the expenses I have incurred due to this accident. We include food, hotel and the missed costs in granda. Plus the extra costs to fly to madrid (which by luck is cheaper to fly than it is to take a taxi to the airport). The guy with the policeman is not the driver but his brother. Apparently the driver is scared. That's the only word Abdullah has been able to use with me. They left with promises to return and abdullah (who isn't even supposed to work today) have been killing time discussing history and culture. Although now as I type he is torturing the boss' son.

No comments:
Post a Comment