Sunday, July 5, 2015

Why do I bother with deserts

So we aren't even in the desert and already I'm sick. Like really sick. Like I imagined a scenerio in which I got airlifted back to Florida.  And another scenerio where I skipped the desert all together.  It was mostly stomach and head. But it was not pleasant. I barely ate dinner last night (the 4th) and didn't eat breakfast. (And i saw any food I did eat come back up).  I've just been downing water like a fiend.
After an hour of misery  (I even took medicine) and many visits to the bathroom, I finally asked my roommate to go get air conditioning (it's an additional 10$). 
Today, I felt a bit better.  The driver had me eat some cumin (a whole spoonful).  We went on a little walk through the dades gorge. Which was prettier yesterday I think. But it was really cool to see everything they grow and the irrigation.
We are stopping to eat so I'm trying some seltzer lemon water and spaghetti.  I don't trust anything.
And this includes the people. I was told when I booked this tour that I could easily get to fes for 15$ more through a bus. When I ask the driver he says I need to spend $100(more than my whole 3 day tour) for a taxi to take me 500km. He says buses aren't good. But he says there may be others who want to go. 
As I write this the people I sit with are trading stories of being told false things or have their hand grabbed and put henna on them and then demanding payment.
I'm done for a while. Hopefully the camels will brighten my mood.

No comments: